fmDataGuard can be integrated with existing FileMaker Pro database solutions with minimal modification to the database file structure. A single additional field is required per table for capture of Add and Change activities, as well as a limited deletion access privilege per table per Privilege Set. A table called AuditLog is added to one database to hold the logging entries. Additionally, for best results, the AuditLog should be initialized, so that the initial state of the database is reflected in the log.
Articles in this section
- FileMaker Compatibility for fmDataGuard 3
- Can fmDataGuard be used to support other types of logging requirements besides data Add, Change and Delete activity?
- Can fmDataGuard be used to provide transaction-level roll back (all or nothing)?
- Does fmDataGuard support Instant Web Publishing and other FileMaker External APIs?
- Does fmDataGuard support multi-file solutions?
- Can I get help implementing fmDataGuard in my solution?
- Is there a demo version of fmDataGuard I can try?
- What is an Audit Log? Why do I need one?
- Does it work on both Macintosh and Windows in a multi-platform office?
- Can fmDataGuard be integrated with an already existing FileMaker Pro solution?